Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tornado Excitement


Our first real tornado threat happened today. Well, since we moved down here. We were fortunate enough to not be in the path. We did experience the high winds and lots of rain and thunder and lightning. Luckily, we didn't have any damage to our property. Some branches fell but we can use them for future hobo dinners. :) The power went out and we had dinner by candlelight and the food was on the cool side but it was all good.

The most excitement was that we couldn't find our sweet Sadie. The above picture is obviously old since Ben was just a little patoot. I don't have any current pictures of her because she's afraid of the camera now. I'm not sure why but she bolts whenever she sees it. Anyway, she's old (14 yrs.) and likes to hang out outside and lay around in the garden. When the storm kicked up we all went to look for her and she was not on the property or in the house. Yeah, we should stay in the house and yadda yadda but anyone who really knows me knows how much I love my animals. So, Lawrence hopped in the car to look for her. She had wandered about a mile from our house and was walking around in the middle of the road. Lawrence called to tell me she was okay and the boys and I headed over there to help get her back. She wasn't very cooperative but now she's home. She's warm and dry and getting lots of loves. She's mostly deaf but can hear loud noises and high pitched noises. I'm sure it was the thunder that got her. Poor thing!!! I'm just so grateful she was okay and that we found her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Derek is OBSESSED with Tornadoes. He will be very jealous!

Stacey said...

I'm glad my Sadie girl is home safe. I'll have to give her some big loves when I'm there.