Friday, February 29, 2008

When Pools Attack!!

The pool seems innocent and harmless but if you don't look it might get you. That is what happened to Ben last summer. I can't believe I haven't posted this already. Well, I guess I can. :) I just recently got back in to the blogging groove. Anyway, I was sitting on the steps of the pool sunning myself and Ben went underwater (like he always does) and swam straight into the wall and when he jumped up in pain caught his nose on the edge of the pool and scraped it up pretty good. He came right over to me and just like in the cartoons the bump on his head started to grow. I'd never actually seen it happen so prominent like that. I'm a terrible mother and started to giggle while asking if he was okay. He was. Here are some pics of the injury.








I guess I didn't realize how hard he hit. This pic was taken four days later. Two black eyes!! YOWZA!!!



2 comments:

Tasharoo said...

That is so funny! Parker did the exact thing at my Dad's pool in Palm Springs! We have pictures of it too! You have to take the pic cause their heads are all distorted weird!
P.S. I love the headband on Ben! What a great look for him!

Trish said...

Hmmmm.....I can hear Joyce now....remember her telling you about your boys and the swimming pool? That gave me the heebie-jeebies!