Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Weekend in Savannah

Eric and I went on a quick weekend trip to Savannah and had a great time. We never, ever do stuff like this. He's always way too busy. I'm glad he had a few days for us to get away and spend some time together.


We stayed at the "haunted" 17 Hundred 90 B&B in the "haunted" room 204. Unfortunately, the ghost, Anna, didn't come to visit us. I was hoping for a scare that didn't ever happen. Here is the story of Anna from the B&B's website:


"Anna Powers fell in love with a married seaman sometime in the early 1800's. She is said to have thrown herself to her own death from the third floor balcony onto the brick courtyard below just as the sails of his ship left her sight down the Savannah river toward sea. Since then her ghost is still believed to be haunting the inn, and primarily room 204. Many of our guests as well as employees have told of strange events occurring which have been attributed to the lonely heart of Anna Powers still waiting for her lover to return."

In the room there are two small spiral bound notebooks filled with comments from other guests who have stayed in the room. I read through most them the first night and finished up the next day. A lot of them mentioned that scaring the ghost tours as they came by was fun, so, since I had a wicked bad headache most of Saturday we decided to stay in the room that night and I ended up spending 2 hours at the window waiting for groups to come by so I could stand in the window and freak them out. HILARIOUS!!! Eric thought I was very juvenile but I had a wonderful time. The first group just kept screaming and others would point and I could hear them say "Look, it's her!" or "There she is!" I got my picture taken a lot. Yeah, I'm dumb, but I had a fabulous time.




This is the only pic I took in the room. It was a cool little room. Kinda felt like staying in my Grandma's really old house. FUN!!


We also took a very short boat trip on the Savannah River. It was fun but short plus my head was killing me.










We walked along river street and checked out the shops.







We ate lunch at the Moon River Brewing Company . YUM!! Great food and Eric liked the beer. I'd seen this place on Ghost Hunters and wanted to check it out. I'd definitely go back. I didn't take any pics there. Again, my headache. :(



Sunday we drove to Tybee Island and had breakfast and then walked out to the pier on the ocean.










After enjoying the ocean air and checking out The Tybee Island Marine Science Center we headed over to the Tybee Lighthouse.





The view from the top




We at at The Crab Shack on the way home and then our weekend was over. Great fun!!

No comments: