Sunday, July 13, 2008

Language Barrier


I love to get pedicures. Mostly because I have man feet and I need all the help I can to be a little more feminine. I also like the fact that someone else paints my toenails. My belly is too big for me to get all the way down there but working on getting rid of it is a whole other story. Anyhoo, I finally went the other night to get my toes done and debated about getting a design. Sometimes the designs are really cute and other times (like this one) they aren't so much. The guy that did my nails asked if I'd like a design and I specifically said "Sure, but something simple." I repeated myself to get the point across. I'm a less is more kinda gal. Needless to say, he didn't get what I meant. I was going to have him fix them but I decided that this will be my ugly reminder to not get designs anymore. Oh yeah, there was another time in WA when I asked the girl for either a skull or a ghost. It was October and I got black nail polish so I thought that would be appropriate. I would have loved to have a skull with red jewel eyes. Cool!! She proceeded to paint on a pumpkin. A pumpkin???? That doesn't even sound like ghost or skull. She took the paint off and started to paint again and guess what I got? Another damn pumpkin! You'd think I'd learn my lesson but apparently I'm pretty dense. :)

1 comment:

Tasharoo said...

Nice asian whispy star comet thingy going through a field of flowers you have there! That is HILARIOUS!! I love pedis too and always thought the french manicure on the toes was gross...until I got my first frenchie for my B-day this year. I love it! Simple and elegant...actually, as long as the white line is REALLY thin. A thick one grosses me OUT!