Thursday, April 10, 2008

Snake in the Yard




First live snake I've seen this year. Yes, it's on my pool cover!!! Ben came in to tell me that there was a snake out there. I don't usually believe either of the boys when it comes to snake because they know how afraid of them I am. But, sure enough it was real. It was actually kind of cute. We think it was a baby rat snake. Lawrence took it out to the woods to set it free. He killed a few when he first got here and Ben wouldn't speak to him so he stopped the killings. :)

3 comments:

Tasharoo said...

Shit! Shit! Shit! (I warned you!)

And consider yourself --->SLAPPED from me for saying that it was actually kind of cute...what are you thinking?...adding it to the turtle aquarium?

mamaholstein said...

LOL!!! You crack me up!! I guess I'm trying to keep a positive outlook about the snakes around here since I know we've got 'em. :) And no, not adding that one to the aquarium!

Anonymous said...

Snakes are actually quite nice creatures. I've seen 2 on my walks with the dogs out in the sagebrush, my Dad had to move one off the porch and we saw a 5 footer on the road coming home. Guess that's what we get for living in the country! Snakes are good for the environment Steph, don't let anyone tell you different. And he was a cutie!