Friday, September 19, 2008

This and That

This post is truly just a bunch of this and that. The pics are in no particular order nor do they have anything to do with each other. Since I haven't posted in a while I figured I owed a big one to my few readers. (Again, thanks guys!!)



This is just scary.




A couple of weeks I made a quick trip to DC on Jetblue. On my flight from DC to NYC one of the flight attendants handed me some mascara. I said, "That's not mine." I figured someone had dropped it and he assumed it was mine. Nope. It was a freebie. Sweet!! I have two because I had two flights on my way home. Still cracks me up!






Oh boy! This glorious monstrosity is the henna tattoo I paid for at the Arts in the Heart in Augusta. Yeah, it's nasty. I took a clorox wipe to it and it's almost completely gone.








These are our tomato plants and our redhead. I had to post this pic because I still can't believe how huge they got. To give you an idea, Ben is 5'8''. Also, we planted them from seeds not starter plants.







This is from a night when I was having a sweet tooth and there was nothing sweet in the house. I went to the store to buy vanilla so we could have brownies but after seeing this I just had to buy it. Was yummy too!






This one breaks my heart. :( The last of our foster turtles died and this is the coffin we made for him. Poor guy! May he rest in peace. All of the others are happily residing at the pond.







Before and after pics. This happened the night I flew home from SLC. I've been taking a lot of trips lately. Sheesh! Anyway, I'm not sure what he got into or what got him but as you can see little Bruno broke out in the nastiest hives I think I've ever seen. After a big dose of Benadryl the swelling finally went down and he was back to his old cute self. Whew!!






Angela, Stephanie & Stacey


This is my very favorite pic from my trip to SF. Eric had a conference to go to so I invited myself to go with him. He was in meetings all day on Monday so my girls came to spend the day with me. We had sooo much fun!!! I miss my friends.






This is from the bay cruise Eric and I took. I so love my camera phone. I get some pretty decent pics with it.






I like this pic with the sun rays. Kinda cool. Good old Alcatraz. We didn't go there. Not my thing. I guess I just don't see what the big deal is about it. Eh, whatever. :)




I don't have anything really of interest to share about this one. I just like it. Eric and I were heading to the cable cars and I love the way the fog looked so I snapped a shot. That's all.



This is a nice room. Not $239 nice but nice. Luckily, we didn't have to pay for it. This is the place where I realized what a simple girl I am. I think I drove Eric crazy.



Check out the view. Breathtaking really. Okay, not really.


This is where it all began for me. I'm used to the low end hotels that have an empty fridge for me too fill up with my own stuff. Oh, not here. I forgot that we're with the high end lodging. Thanks for the pre-stocked fridge but no thanks!





The above pics represent "The Financial Raping of a High End Hotel" to me. Everything they offer is a "convenience" but it also comes with a cost. A high cost. I'll stick with a Holiday Inn where the room is comparable and I get a free continental breakfast, free high speed internet, a fridge and microwave usually for around $70 a night. The one thing I didn't get a pic of was the cost of a burger. I wish I had. $21 You've got to be censored me!!!!



2 comments:

temaire said...

Glad to have you back. I love your pics...your poor dog! When I looked at the first picture I was trying to figure out why I couldn't see your dog very well, then I realized about the hives! Poor thing!

I can't believe how much that food cost! Holy Cow!!!!! That is to crazy, you pay enough for the room, you shouldn't have to deal with the food being that much. I love oreos, but $4.00? Think of the bags of oreos that you could buy for that! lol

Tasharoo said...

Awesome Tomatoes...that reminds me. I need to do some picking before they all freeze! It is getting chilly in the morning here!
I think a glazed cake hole is a lot better than just a hole!
RIP Turtles!
Poor Bruno!
Sexy Chalie's Angels Shot!
I heart SF!